Sunday, May 20, 2018

15mm Russian Buildings - The Weekend Challenge.

Having set myself the challenge over the weekend of finishing the Ironclad buildings that have been languishing in the cupboard of shame for a number of years, I am please to confirm mission accomplished....
The pic's are a little iffy as I am trying out a new camera.



A couple of early starts and some warm dry weather have helped to get these complete before the 4.00pm deadline today.
Two rural houses, a storage shed and railway station, together with two oil storage tanks, they will expand the layout quite significantly.  



The railway station fits in nicely with the track which I own from Battlefield in a Box and can also be used for my Boxer Rebellion collection. I opted for an off white which makes it quite generic with any period or setting.



The storage shed and field still need a little work, I need to add the pump arm and am thinking about a couple of dead cows which I have from peter pig somewhere.
I added in a number of lighter tufts on this one compared to the other pieces in particular around the well to give that wet feel.


The farm house is a great casting with a detactable roof to allow you to place that well timed ambush. I decided to add the fencing to create the backyard rather than keep the pieces stand alone, besides I have the MDF bases sitting unused in the draw.
The figures are from Eureka's 15mm modern Russian range.



The second building comes with a decked roof rather than thatch, I add in the brick wall and water through to give it that rural feel, it also gives the defenders something to hide behind. Although not much help from a 125mm gun.



I am really pleased how they have turned out. I plan on adding a garage and forecourt to give me that link between the rural and the urban setting, its a shame fieldworks are no more (Does anyone know if the molds have been picked up by anyone?) as I quite fancied adding a few more bombed out shells to go with the other buildings already painted up.

Right time to go and put these to the test.


5 comments:

  1. Those have come out well Stu and look forward to seeing them on the table:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I like the railway station in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look great. Are the houses scratch built?

    ReplyDelete